Today is National Senior Fitness Day. Hope all of you…senior or not…will get out there and do some exercise to keep your body healthy. Walking is a good exercise…so get out there. With the warm and light evenings, it is a perfect time to cruise your neighborhood.
Because I am doing Weight Watchers and my mind is on eating right I am repeating some tips from Dr Linda Mintle, who wrote PRESS PAUSE BEFORE YOU EAT. Love the title. So here are her tips:
- Eat at regular times
- Slow down, pause between bites
- Don’t eat standing
- Don’t eat while cooking
- Stay out of the kitchen, except at meal times
- Don’t go places hungry. Have a piece of fruit and water before you go
- Don’t cook or bake anything tempting
- Have healthy snacks on hand
- Limit exposure to food cues…don’t shop often, watch TV commercials, etc.
- Replace food with a relaxing or rewarding activity…walk, listen to music, etc.
- Lose the word dieting…Eat healthy for life
- Love yourself whatever you weigh
What do you think? Good ideas?