According to the UK’s Guardian from August 17, 2012…”The Ayn Rand Institute in Irvine, California venerates the late philosopher as a prophet [Or could that be profit? ] of unfettered capitalism who showed America the way. A decade ago it struggled to have its voice heard. Today it booms all the way to Washington DC.”
Paul Ryan is a devotee, giving Rand’s novel ATLAS SHRUGGED as Christmas presents and saying she was the reason he got into public service. [Wait…public service? Altruism is a sin to most Randians]. The Tea Party has adopted Rand as a seer.” Rand’s influence is most often with Republicans despite Rand being a pro-choice atheist.
Let’s compare Ryan and Rand…
- Rand did not like Reagan. Ryan worked for Reagan.
- Rand believed abortion to be a moral right. Ryan is anti-abortion.
- Rand was an atheist. Ryan is a Catholic.
- Rand promoted self-reliance. Ryan is supported by the government.
- Rand was against government help, but did use Medicare. Ryan would do away with Medicare as we know it.
Just remember…Three Rs do not make a right, except in the Republican party’s right.